So last week I wrote about what to expect from your first musical festival, now Oppi Koppi is next week, so preparations need to be made. If you are a free spirit then go ahead and just take yourself and live on what you can. But if you are like me and like a little bit of order in your life then you will need to prepare. It just makes your few days at the festival much better.
You are going to be camping in the middle of the bush so what you leave behind you are going to have to live without, unless you are prepared to beg, borrow and steal. There is no ‘just popping out’ to the shop. So here is a list of must have items to pack before you embark on your adventure into the bush.
These are all handy items for any camping trip.
- Huge bottles of water. The 5 litre bottles are great. You will need this to keep hydrated during the boiling hot days as well as for washing.
- Water bottles, this just makes it easier to mission around with your drink at all times. At music festivals you often aren’t allowed to take glass or cans into the stage area so you will need a bottle to take inside these areas.
- Lots of wetwipes, there may be times when these will be the only way to get yourself clean. They will definitely come in handy. Hand sanitizer is also a good idea. Buy the big family pack size.
- A first aid kit – plasters, headache tablets, nausea tablets, Imodium and burn cream should suffice. There is a first aid tent there who are very friendly and helpful but it might just be easier to have your own basics.
- Clothes for all kinds of weather: shorts, t-shirts, jeans, jackets, beanies, scarves, hat, takkies, boots, sun glasses.
- Take a bandana to wear over your mouth as it really does get quite dusty.
- A towel.
- Tent, sleeping bag, mattress and whatever else you need to set up your little kingdom.
- Camping chairs – buy the cheap kind cause they are likely to not make it through Oppi.
- A gas skottle or/and firewood.
- Booze, lots of it!
- Whatever food you want. It is generally easier to just buy food there, they have lots of different stalls and its quite good. Maybe just take some snacks.
- Friends. If you don’t have any of these, they should be easier enough to collect at the festival.
Hope you all ready 🙂